Robbie Fowler: Torres regrets leaving Liverpool



Robbie Fowler believes Fernando Torres regrets leaving Liverpool.

The Spanish striker wrecked his reputation at Anfield when he moved to Chelsea in a £50million deal.

And Fowler feels that Torres has failed to justify his price-tag at Stamford Bridge because he pines for the Kop.

“I’ve heard people say that deep down Fernando wishes that he had stayed at Liverpool,” said Fowler. “Well I don’t think he hides his feelings that well.

“For me it’s obvious that Torres feels that he made the wrong decision to leave Liverpool for Chelsea. You can see it in his body-language.

“Torres is a top, top player and I am sure that he will eventually come good again and that Chelsea will reap the benefits of having one of the best strikers in the world.

“But I am sure that he wishes now that he had given it another six months at Liverpool so that he could have worked with Kenny Dalglish. Fernando is playing like someone who has got regrets. He probably won’t admit it but I think he felt that the grass would be greener at Chelsea and he’s realised it isn’t.

“The fans loved Fernando and he loved them. Deep down I think he still does. I am sure with hindsight he would have stayed. A forward line of Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll would be as good as anything in the Premier League.”