Man Utd's Ferguson could carry on until 2015



Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he expects to remain in charge at Old Trafford for another three or four years.
Ferguson, who was appointed United boss in 1986, has grown used to speculation over his retirement date after changing his plan to bow out of football in 2002.
But the 69-year-old, who led United to a record 19th English title last season, has no intention of quitting while he is still in good enough health to continue reaping the rewards of his remarkable reign.
Ferguson may be fast approaching his 70th birthday, but the Scot insists it is possible he could remain in the post until 2015.
"I've got three or four years left," Ferguson said. "I feel good. But when I do leave, I will leave in place a strong young team that will continue to succeed for my successor."
Ferguson has helped United to dominate English football and claims his success is down to creating a mentality that is geared more towards the collective effort than individual reward.
"It's all about team spirit. In a match, I only need eight of my players to be on top form. If the other three aren't up to it, it's not serious. The other eight do the work for them," Ferguson said.
"There has only been six matches where I've had all 11 players perform at their very best. It's like swallows.
"They always fly together in a group, in a V formation, and those at the front do the majority of the work. And they alternate regularly.
"If one swallow flies out of formation, two others go to get him and bring him back into the group. It's the same in my teams - sacrifice, friendship, and the giving of oneself to the team."

football.co.uk